Amazon.com Widgets

Friday, February 10, 2006

Rove Determined to 'SwiftBoat' Hillary Rodham Clinton

From Taegan Goddard's Political Wire:

Rove Aides Meet with Clinton Foe

Karl Rove is "getting directly involved in the effort to defeat" Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY), according to the New York Post. "Top Rove aide Sara Taylor and one of her staffers met for an hour at the White House yesterday with former Yonkers Mayor John Spencer -- the leading contender for the GOP nomination to challenge Clinton -- to discuss campaign strategy."

My guess is it has more to do with early preparation to 'swiftboat' HRC in 2008 should she get the presidential nomination. At this point, I would never tell HRC to run for Prez -- in fact, I don't think Senators or Congress people should be allowed to on principal (only half serious).

But I do think the Dems should at least try to use it to their advantage: let Rove focus all his evil energies on Hillary as the likely dem nominee for '08, they should string him along as much as possible, for as long as possible. He should put his heart and soul into swiftboating HRC and it should be all for naught because someone else (someone actually electible) should ultimately be the Dem nominee. I'm sure I'd like HRC as a person, maybe even as prez, but honestly, not now, not as a presidential candidate. I just don't think it's meant to be and I'm sick of the Dems being such bumbleheaded idiots. But, hey, I've been wrong about a lot of things.

Direct link to Political Wire blurb here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Progressive Women Bloggers Ring
Power By Ringsurf